Thursday, December 3, 2009

A Thousand Words, Part I

Remember? I don't want to see those needles! I can't.

















Sedation changes everything. She began to slip past noticing.

They taped the edges of her hooves to protect the foam padding in the sedation and recovery room. A French manicure is not quite the right look for Scout, I don't think.

















They wouldn't let me watch her going under general anesthesia. But later, they brought me into the operating room.
..


















...to the moment when finally everything turns real.


















I went outside for a cigarette. I was jittery. Not at the blood or the wound, but at the complete vulnerability of my mare. That only got worse for me. I wanted to lie down with her.


































No comments: