Tuesday, June 21, 2011

Still, Lives

I interrupt my regularly scheduled program of over-analyzing and hamster wheeling to acknowledge the presence of things that require nothing more of me than to get out of my head and notice them.


I'm an existentialist. I don't perceive that a godlike entity or higher consciousness created all living things and cast them as players in a divine plan. I guess, instead, that here is here, that it is now, and all the rest, no matter how compelling, is daydreams. But... I admit to imagining that some kind of natural blessing exists in animals. I take it as a positive thing to have the endorsement of their proximity.

My festival summer is about to begin, so I'm preparing to move my life out of the city and into another time. H.G. and I surveyed our shops lately and were happy to see several guest tenants making use of them.


I confess that I take things like these as signs, recognitions, even, of my place in a world where I'm not so different from anything or anyone.

2 comments:

Wolfie said...

Lovely pics. Life gets so busy, but sometimes you just have to stop and look at what beauty that's around you. It's revitalizing. Thanks for sharing.

Sage said...

Love your posts and photos. We seem to have the same views only you can word them better than I do. I am at http://tumbleweedcrossing.blogspotlcom
Come visit if you get a chance
Sage