Thursday, January 12, 2012

If I Didn't Have Her...

Then I would not have felt the ocean-like rhythm of her rocking into me, who was leaning there against her while she grazed.

I would not have felt her choosing where to reach next as I accompanied her, lead line just loose in my hand. 

And I would not have felt the simple, deep lift and pull of her spine and shoulders when she leaned long and forward, too lazy to lift a hoof toward that tuft of grass.

If I didn't have her, I would not have been able to return her gaze when she turned to look back for me. 

I would not have been able to feel the delicious shiver that ran the length of her when she snorted in pleasure, nose deep in the last-gasp grass.

And I would not have been able to feel her lift herself back up to look at her world, nose skimming the breeze.


If I didn't have her, I would not have been able find my own silence, which I have been awaiting for some long months, or notice the lulling call of the winter train, whistling out our journeys to come.

8 comments:

Daisy said...

Beautiful.

Unknown said...

Hi from Italy!
I love the first pictures!
keep in touch: www.iconadeironchi.blogspot.com
fb: www.facebook.com/IconaDeiRonchi

see you soon =)
Gaia

Barbara said...

I enjoyed that.

SMeagle said...

I am so glad you have her!

Grey Horse Matters said...

She's beautiful and I'm sure she's happy to have you too. Horses make everything better.

Anonymous said...

A good horse will take you where you need to go. That was beautiful.

allhorsestuff said...

Im so very pleased to have these tears of pure JOY , enjoying reading your heart's expressed words!!

She and you, are made for each other~
;)
KK

Mona Sterling said...

Every post makes me tear up and it's not just hormones. Thanks for this.

Also, I gave you a blog award. My page has details if you're interested! It's the "Leibster" award. :)