Sunday, February 2, 2014

Philip Seymour Hoffman 1967-2014

One of the greatest actors the American stage and screen has ever seen, never to be replaced, irreplaceable. Sorrow and loss. I record his passing here for all the revelatory moments of his career that so deeply impacted me, influenced me, informed me, kept me waiting always, impatiently, for the next. I will never, ever forget the feeling of the hair on the back of my neck standing up when I saw him on Broadway, starring in Eugene O'Neill's A Long Day's Journey Into Night. How fortunate I was.

Getty Images

1 comment:

Wolfie said...

A very talented actor. I have never NOT enjoyed any film performance of his. He was a chameleon and became his character, which made him so believable and so mesmerizing. He will be greatly missed.