Wednesday, February 16, 2011

No Rushing

Fail. I am backblogged and missing writing, but demands of the last few days have left me cramped for time. That's one thing, but then today, to top it off, I found myself rushing. Rushing.

Later I stood at the edge of the barn, watching the horses settle into their candy mounds of hay for the night, sighing and snorting into the mist, pleased to be outdoors in the unexpected warmth. High above, the moon beamed in white robes and there came the whistle of the train, my train, the summer train, all of it conspiring to make me feel winter has gone.  

This moment stopped me, but it was compressed into an essence that left me, like perfume, as soon as I moved, for the rushing.

2 comments:

Wolfie said...

Geez, I admire your writing talent! Lovely descriptions.

D'Nae said...

There's an Alabama song that fits me perfectly, and it sounds like it might fit you too. It goes something like this:

I'm in a hurry to get things done
Oh, I rush and rush until life's no fun.
All I really gotta do is live and die
but, I'm in a hurry and don't know why.